Devops Test Architect
7700 Arlington Boulevard Richardson, TX
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm is seeking a Test Automation Architect for a DevOps team, for a full time, permanent position in Richardson, TX. Exciting project with an opportunity to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance. Not required to have in place to start. Sign on bonus available for those with a current TS/SCI.
Our client is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions.
Job Description: We are looking for a talented Test Architect (TA) to join our DevOps Transformation team. As a test architect, you will be responsible for supporting our team and programs in their journey to adopt DevOps and Agile methodologies as a new way of working. You will be accountable for teaching others how to apply Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) and Business Driven Development (BDD) and to architect the test automation and the test strategy. You will also be expected to influence the mission application architecture to support that strategy. A successful DevOps test architect works across the entire product lifecycle: Proposal, Development, Integration, and Formal Sell-Off.
- Define the test automation process and deliverables across the system development life cycle for software, firmware and hardware
- Provide hands-on test automation support in DevOps dojo environments, working side-by-side with integrators and testers to teach them ATDD and test automation strategies.
- Architect test automation and environments which efficiently and effectively utilize models, simulations, test beds, prototypes, and full-scale Engineering Development Models (EDMs) to satisfy development and environmental/qualification objectives and to satisfy an appropriate affordable solution for production.
- Identify data collection and test environment needs for implementing the test strategy.
- Identify non-functional validation needs and define related test approaches.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance and US Citizenship required.
- Minimum of 10 years of integration and test experience
- Ability to develop and deliver test architecture and test automation training material
- Knowledge of industry practices with focus on ATDD, Agile, DevOps, environments and test automation
- Working knowledge of Agile/DevOps tools such as Jira, Agile Central (Rally), or HP ALM
- Ability to collaborate within an integrated cross-disciplinary team that includes solution architects, pipeline architects, systems engineers and developers
- Experience in software development, deployment automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience testing Cloud Solutions, Infrastructure, and in Virtualized environments
- 10 years of experience with automated test definition tools like Cucumber/Gherkin or FitNesse
- 10 years of experience developing test architecture and designing automating tests on enterprise software products and systems.
- Hands on experience in preparing test strategies and plans.
- Experience leading test case design to provide efficient optimal coverage with minimal duplication
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- DevOps Certified
- Model Based Testing experience
- 10+ Years of experience with a B.S. /B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities