717 E CityLine Dr Richardson, TX 75082
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm is seeking a DevOps Developer to join our team and work at our client site in Richardson, TX or Aurora, CO.
Our Client is seeking a talented, experienced and passionate Software Engineer / DevOps Developer to join our DevOps Transformation team. You will be responsible for supporting our team and programs in their journey to adopt DevOps skills, tools and culture as a new way of working. In our dojo, you will collaborate with other transformation team members to help program teams learn how to better write, test, package, build, integrate, secure, deploy, operate, and monitor system capabilities in new and legacy software. And help them to embrace automation, deliver small batches, and work in agile cross-disciplined teams.
- Executing practical application of agile behavior. Participating in planning, backlog grooming, standups, and retrospectives.
- Learning and adopting multiple roles within the transformation team.
- Developing software applications alongside program teams-in-training, in their own codebase, incorporating and sharing test, build, package, refactoring, etc. skills
- Helping teams-in-training add test and other pipeline automation to their existing systems
- Assisting the transformation team improve how it transforms other teams, through advancement of the dojo infrastructure, team capabilities, and training material.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance and US Citizenship required.
- Full stack developer: 8+ years of experience in Java or C++ and with build, test and deploy automation tools (junit, cucumber, ruby, python, perl, etc), and with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins), configuration management tools (e.g. Chef)
- At least 8+ years of experience in agile development.
- Experience with cloud and containerization: AWS, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with other engineers and management
- Ability to develop and deliver training material
- Hands-on experience using an Agile planning tool such as JIRA.
- Agile certification
- Software architecture experience including 12 Factor App, microservices
- Technical lead experience
8+ years of experience with a B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or a related field
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities