20403 68th Ave S Kent, WA 98032 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Software Engineer 4 to join our Client's team.
Client is seeking a DevSecOps Engineer for their team located in Kent, WA. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with experience building and sustaining complex and highly scalable cloud software infrastructures. You will work alongside a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers, data scientists, and technology experts to understand infrastructure requirements and deploy / manage the appropriate cloud resources for a highly available and automated software product.
This position requires motivated, self-learning individuals who want to learn new skills and technologies quickly to meet customer needs. In this role, you will support an Agile team while working to promote rigorous testing and clean software practices. You will develop and exercise skills configuring cloud services, building and deploying software services with Docker / Kubernetes, implementing deployment mechanisms using “Configuration as Code” and “Infrastructure as Code”, and working to improve and standardize development environments for the team.
Primary Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Develop and maintain Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines to automate build and deployment of software services
- Architect AWS solutions and work with team to optimize resources across cloud environment
- Support standardization / templatization of software version management and deployment controls (using Infrastructure as Code and Configuration as Code processes)
- Standardize software development environments and work to provide software tools needed by the team
- Support high-level software architecture decisions and promote DevSecOps best practices across the team
- This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
- Successfully completed a Tier 5 Investigation (T5), formerly known as a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within the last 7 years or have you been enrolled in a Continuous Evaluation program such that periodic updates are no longer required
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 3 or more years supporting program development, security, and / or operations in a cloud environment
- This position requires an active U.S. Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance and ability to complete a CI (Counter Intelligence) polygraph after employment start
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with cloud computing and virtualization technologies (Splunk, Vmware) and containerized applications and frameworks (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience implementing CI/CD system in Jenkins
- Experience with ELK Stack [Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash]
- Experience with Python and Conda Package Manager
- Experience with AWS, Elastic MapReduce (EMR), EC2, S3, SNS, SQS, Cloud Watch, ECR, AMIs, and Policies
- Experience implementing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC) pipelines
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, Packer or similar technologies
- Excellent communication, software readability, and documentation practices
- Experience using team collaboration tools including Git, JIRA, Confluence, Artifactory, etc.
- Current CompTIA Security+ certification
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer certification
Top Must Haves:
1. TS/SCI Clearance
2. AWS cloud experience (both deployment and maintenance)
3. Exp with containerized applications: docker, kubernetes
Security Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Blackstone Talent Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and software firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone's global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
We hereby pledge our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We value and recognize the leadership, training, character and discipline that our veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserve bring to Blackstone.