DevOps Security Architect
7700 Arlington Boulevard Richardson, VA
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm is seeking a Devops Security Architect to join our team and work at our client site in Richardson, TX
Job Description: We are looking for a talented and passionate Security Architect to join our DevOps Transformation team. As a Security architect, you will be responsible for supporting our team and programs in their journey to adopt DevOps and Agile methodologies as a new way of working. As the Security architect, you will play an integral role in defining and assessing the organization' s security strategy, architecture and practices. You will also be required to effectively translate business objectives and risk management strategies into specific security processes enabled by security technologies and services.
- Develop a data protection standard and architecture that protects data from confidentiality or privacy violations and assesses risk on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and maintain security architecture documentation (e.g., models, templates, standards and procedures) that may be leveraged by projects and operations to build security in from the beginning
- Develop and maintain a security architecture and roadmap that enables the enterprise to develop and implement secure solutions that are aligned with business, technology and threat drivers
- Automate security quality checks including code and vulnerability scans through a continuous delivery pipeline
- Establish Security best practice for cloud deployments
- Track development of threats to ensure they are adequately addressed in security architecture
- Advocate as a DevOps lead the establishment of secure coding practices for security.
- Coordinate penetration tests for new services or applications
- Review network segmentation to ensure least privilege for network access
- Validate existing data solution, IT infrastructure and other architectures for security best practices - recommend changes as needed to enhance security and reduce risks
- Review security technologies, tools and services, and make recommendations addressing security, financial and operational concerns
- Liaise with other security architects and security practitioners to share best practices and insights
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance and US Citizenship required.
- 8+ years of experience as a technical specialist.
- Hands-on experience or strong working knowledge of managing security infrastructure — e.g., firewalls, intrusion prevention systems (IPSs), web application firewalls (WAFs), endpoint protection, SIEM and log management technology
- Experience reviewing application code for security vulnerabilities
- Direct, hands-on experience or a strong working knowledge of vulnerability management tools
- Full-stack knowledge of IT infrastructure:
- Operating systems — Windows, Unix and Linux
- IP networks — WAN and LAN
- Storage networks — Fibre Channel, iSCSI and NAS
- Backup networks and media
- AWS Cloud Security including:
- IAM, Inspect, Cloudtrail, Cloudwatch, Config
- KMS Encryption methods (at rest and in transit), VPCs, Security Groups, and ACLs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Very strong organizational and teaming skills
- Experience designing or managing Identity and Access Management technologies such as:
- Active Directory
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- Strong working knowledge of IT service management (e.g., ITIL-related disciplines as well as Agile development methodology.
- Currently hold at least one (1) industry-standard information security management certification from a vendor or product neutral certification entity (e.g. ISC2, ISACA, GIAC)
REQUIRED EDUCATION (including Major):
- 8+ Years of experience with a B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Information systems, cybersecurity, or a related field
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities