Chantilly, VA 20153 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our Client's team. Own your opportunity to serve as a critical component of our nation’s safety and security. Make an impact by using your expertise to protect our country from threats.
OST is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to work on a long-term contract supporting the intelligence community. The Senior DevOps Engineer (Kubernetes) will build, manage, and monitor a Kubernetes environment to include Dev, Test, and Prod clusters to deliver complex software products into a mission-critical environment. The ideal candidate is a hands-on Kubernetes administrator with significant experience in developing and deploying capabilities that enable the delivery of software in an on-demand cadence. They must have strong, firsthand technical expertise in a variety of configuration automation, deployment, and continuous integration technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust solutions that can keep pace with software development. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with a cross-functional team. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Work with a team to build, automate, and deploy Kubernetes clusters for containerized software solutions to support mission-critical applications
- Stage, deploy, verify, monitor, and respond to phases within a CI/CD pipeline using a Kubernetes environment
- Stand up and/or work with the necessary tooling for a robust CI/CD pipeline, including: Helm, Kubernetes, Harbor, Nexus, and Ansible
- Collaborate cross-functionally with software engineers, data scientists, analysts, project managers, and other engineering groups
- Assist developers, DevOps engineers, and system administrators with an understanding of Kubernetes architectures to take advantage of the platform environment with future capabilities
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in production systems and platforms
- Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software systems and application issues
- Write and update technical documentation such as system documentation, training materials processes, and procedures
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to sustain and advance our organization’s capabilities
- CLEARANCE: TS/SCI w FSP
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related discipline, or equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, and work/military experience.
- Demonstrated experience with container tools, including Docker, Kubernetes, or Rancher
- Demonstrated experience with deploying Kubernetes within an on-prem platform or cloud offerings, including GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Demonstrated experience with Helm
- Demonstrated hands-on DevOps experience building and deploying infrastructure with technologies such as Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, or others
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with Linux-based systems and shell scripting
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with build automation technologies like Git, Maven, etc.
- Demonstrated experience deploying Docker engines in virtualized platforms for the containerization of multiple apps
- Demonstrated experience with infrastructure-as-code environments, including network configurations, large-scale software deployments, or monitoring and testing, such as continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD)
- Knowledge and experience working with Kafka and Elasticsearch.
- Demonstrated experience with Gitlab
- Experience with scripting and leveraging JSON, YAML, or XML for configuration
- Knowledge of container security technologies, such as Claire, Anchore, Rapid7, and/or NeuVector
- Knowledge of container registry technologies like Harbor, ECR, DockerHub, etc.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with monitoring technologies like ELK, Prometheus, Grafana, etc.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in programming and software development using Java or Python
Security Clearance Required: TS/SCI FS Poly
Blackstone Talent Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and software firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone's global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
We hereby pledge our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We value and recognize the leadership, training, character and discipline that our veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserve bring to Blackstone.