5775 Mark Dabling Blvd. COS, CO 80919
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our client’ s team and work as a DIRECT HIRE to our client in Colorado Springs, CO or New York.
Our client is building a team of world-class software engineers to commercialize big data technology developed within a hedge fund. They are a well-funded spin-off with offices in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and New York City, New York.
They are a small crew with big goals, and are in the process of growing their core team. This is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor and to influence the firm’ s direction.
They believe that a small team of elite developers is far better than an army of average developers. They only hire the best and reward accordingly.
- Maintain build / QA environment
- Automated build / unit-testing harness
- Packaging and deployment mechanisms
- Release management
- Work with developers to specify and extend the QA environment
- Manage QA environment
- Collaborate on architecture of data system
- Production environment management
- Monitoring systems (performance data, availability, access logging)
- Work with developers to identify and address operating-system-related issues
- Oversee resource utilization (from a computing-resource view and a dollar-cost view)
- Authentication / authorization
- IT support for development environment
- Support developers as required
- Keep tabs on other hosted products i.e. (Gmail/web/aha/AWS/etc)
- Determine and implement changes to development environment as needs evolve
- Security management and oversight for both the development environment and the hosted environment
- Ensuring best practices for code management, desktop security tools, and incident response
- Security architecture for the hosted environment
- Procedures and documentation to address client concerns for hosted data
- Self driven, self organized, proactive, highly motivated, personable, and intelligent.
- 10+ years of practical experience in Linux system administration (CentOS preferred)
- Operating system configuration / administration skills
- Scripting skills (e.g bash, perl, or python)
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional performance analysis and tuning skills.
- Configuration automation skills (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt)
- Interest in learning about and understanding complex software systems.
- Building / managing monitoring and data-collection frameworks (e.g. Nagios/Zabbix, ELK stack, Collectd, InfluxDB, or similar)
- AWS or other cloud provider environments
- Concepts and capabilities of cloud platforms
- Management and automation tools
- Security considerations
- Security architecture
- Solaris/Illumos system administration
- ZFS operation / architecture
- Build-management / CI frameworks
- Windows and Mac desktop management skills
- Obsession with producing quality results.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Well-developed sense of urgency.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities