405 Howard Street Suite 300 San Francisco, CA 94105
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and talent agency, is partnering with a financial services client located in San Francisco to identify a DevOps/Cloud Engineer to join their team.
DevOps / Cloud Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Year long contract
This DevOps/Cloud Engineer will help to design and build a new cloud platform for SaaS based products. The role will be involved in all major activities related to architecture, deployment, scripting/automation, security, and operations of the cloud platform on AWS and Azure. The platform is based on micro-services (using Akka and Play Framework), Containers (using Docker/Kubernetes) and Big Data (using Hadoop/Spark).
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design, build and automate the AWS infrastructure (VPC, EC2, Networking, EMR, RDS, S3, etc.) using Terraform following AWS Well-Architected Design
- Deploy and configure Kubernetes clusters. Including networking configuration, centralized monitoring, logging and auto-scaling.
- Design and build a CI/CD Pipeline to deploy applications using Jenkins and Docker.
- Design and configure security policies based on IT/InfoSec guidelines. Including IAM, SSO, Security Groups, Data Encryption, etc.
- Leveraging previous experience, assist development teams in building, deploying, and operating next generation applications in the cloud.
We are looking for the candidate to have had exposure to:
- AWS, Python, GoLang, Docker, Kubernetes, Powershell, BASH, Cloud Foundry, Jenkins
- Candidate will be working on maintaining new and existing products as well as internal tools.
- Cloud expertise
- Cloud operational focus (staging and production)
- scripting (Python, Terraform, etc.)
- monitoring tools
- micro-services, Docker, and Kubernetes deployment exp.
- Amazon EKS is a big plus
- Knowledge of at least one programming languages (e.g. Java, C/C++/C#).
Must demonstrate accountability, sound decision making, analytical thoroughness, clear and concise communications, and the ability to lead and mentor team members.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global talent practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities