10590 Armstrong Ave Mather, CA 95655 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Design Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Mather, CA.
General Job Description
This position is responsible for the delivery of engineering services, from conceptual design through construction completion of HVAC, Plumbing, and other contract services offered by our client
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates understanding of a complete construction set of documents and able to execute these projects with little supervision
- Complete code-required energy compliance and LEED documentation
- Conduct engineering calculations, energy analysis, economic analysis, selection and layout of equipment, and duct & piping system design for HVAC, Plumbing, and other building systems for which our client offers expertise
- Understanding of applications engineering including psychrometrics, refrigeration, acoustics, and controls systems
- Assist with coordination of design and installation with Project Management, Construction and Service departments, Controls, and other trade partners.
- Field engineering: assist with project execution, site surveys, trade coordination, scheduling, document management and problem-solving
- Computer 2D and 3D modeling of HVAC or plumbing systems utilizing the latest modeling software
- Manage time to meet project schedules and task deadlines
- Able to delegate and work effectively with BIM support.
- Can attend small project design meetings on their own and communicate back to the project manager.
- Communicates well with engineering supervision, project management, BIM, and construction departments.
- Understands the basics of system controls and can write a basic sequence of operations with supervision.
- Demonstrates understanding of ACCO business drivers for their projects.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
- BS in Engineering or Construction Management
- Prior intern experience with the mechanical contractor and/or engineering consultant
- preferred, but not required
- EIT Certificate highly desirable, but not required
- Excellent understanding of Engineering fundamentals
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or Revit, or similar drafting software preferred
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities