Schriever Air Force Base Colorado Springs, CO 80912
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Database Engineer to join our team and work at our client site in Colorado Springs, CO or Huntsville, AL.
Job Description: We are looking for a talented Database Engineer supporting Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server database systems at Schriever AFB.
The Database Engineer is responsible for all facets of database management to include monitoring, software installation and configuration, upgrading, backup and recovery, performance tuning, database access and security, patching, and capacity audits with the primary focus on Oracle databases and secondary on Microsoft SQL Server databases. This includes providing expertise in architecture and design of new systems along with researching, benchmarking, documenting, and introducing new database technologies to enhance existing systems. Will collaborate with application developers, O&M administrators, business owners, and architects in design and implementation. Additionally, will manage DISA STIGs and policies for databases and document standard database policies and operating procedures. Must have good verbal and written communication skills and be a team player with the ability to work unsupervised in a team and structured change environment. After-hours maintenance and on-call support is occasionally needed. This position can be located at Redstone Arsenal, AL or at Schriever AFB, CO.
- Must have one of the following combinations of education and experience: High School Diploma (or GED) and 8 years of general experience; Associate’ s degree and 6 years of general experience; Bachelor’ s degree and 4 years of general experience. Must have 4 years of directly related experience with Oracle 11g RDBMS or later. The successful candidate will also have one or more of the following: - Knowledge of Oracle dictionary, internals, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, RMAN, Database Control, SQL Developer, and OPatch utility.
- Familiarity with database performance tuning, database monitoring, database backup & recovery, MS-DOS batch scripting, and well versed in referential integrity concepts.
- Experience in de-conflicting customer requests and requirements to create system requirements.
- Candidates must have completed and be enrolled in Continuing Education (CE) with a Security+ certification or have an (ISC)2 CISSP certification.
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2008 or later, SQL Server Management Studio including the Activity Monitor, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services, T-SQL, MS SQL Server clusters, and an understanding of MS SQL Server roles and user level object permissions.
- Familiarity with DISA security including IAVA compliance and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) for databases.
- Experience in O&M activities and the following: Foglight, MS Windows Server 2008/2012, Virtualization (VMWare), database application development, and use of BMC Remedy.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities