Alexandria, VA 22302 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Data Scientist to join our Client's team.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our team of experts to assist with building state of the art data platforms for the Department of Defense's premier data analytics platform.
As a data scientist, you're excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set, and you're fascinated by the possibilities presented by IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open new opportunities. You can help turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges.
On our team, you'll use your analytical skills and data science knowledge to create real-world impact. You'll work closely with your clients to understand their questions and needs, and then dig into their data-rich environments to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You'll develop algorithms and systems and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn sets of disparate data points into objective answers to help clients make informed decisions. Ultimately, you'll provide a deep understanding of the data, what it all means, and how it can be used.
- Clearance: TS/SCI
- 3+ years of experience with data exploration, data cleaning, data analysis, data visualization, or data mining
- 3+ years of experience with statistical and general-purpose programming languages for data analysis
- 3+ years of experience in database engineering and data modeling
- Experience with integrating disparate data sources, building ETL and ELT pipelines, managing schemas and data validation checks for data quality, and adhering to DevSecOps principles
- 3+ years of experience in optical character recognition, image and text processing using Python, ML lifecycle, and NLP
- Experience with analyzing structured and unstructured data sources
- Experience with developing predictive data models, quantitative analyses, and visualization of targeted data sources
- Knowledge of text mining or machine learning techniques, and Artificial Intelligence or Natural Language Processing
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of experience in the development of algorithms leveraging R, Python, or SQL and NoSQL
- 2+ years of experience with Distributed data and computing tools, including MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, EMR, Kafka, Spark, Gurobi, or MySQL
- 2+ years of experience with Machine Learning, AI, or NLP
- Experience with visualization packages, including Plotly, Seaborn, or ggplot2
- Master's degree preferred
Security Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Blackstone Talent Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and software firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone's global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
We hereby pledge our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We value and recognize the leadership, training, character and discipline that our veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserve bring to Blackstone.