10353 Richmond Ave Houston, TX 77042
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking an Application Developer to join our team and work at our client site in Houston, TX.
Seeking an experienced Data Modeler to assist in building and supporting RigSystems & Aftermarket' s Data Warehouse. This resource will be responsible for separating different types of data into structures that can be easily processed by various systems. This resource will also focus on a variety of issues, such as enhancing data migration from one system to another and eliminating data redundancy. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Understand and translate business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions.
- Work with the Application Development team to implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models.
- Create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy.
- Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects.
- Maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models along with corresponding metadata.
- Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
- Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments.
- Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts.
- Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies.
- Validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness.
- Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
- Develop data models according to company standards.
- Guide System Analysts, Engineers, Programmers and others on project limitations and capabilities, Performance requirements and interfaces.
- Review modifications to existing software to improve efficiency and performance.
- Examine new application design and recommend corrections if required.
- 3+ years e xperience as a Data Modeler/Data Architect
- Proficient in the use of data modeling tools; Eriwin proficiency is a must.
- Experience in meta data management and data integration engines such as Biztalk or Informatica
- Experience in supporting as well as implementing Oracle and SQL data infrastructures
- Knowledge of the entire process behind software development including design and deployment (SOA knowledge and
- experience is a bonus)
- Expert analytical and problem-solving traits
- Knowledge of the design, development and maintenance of various data models and their components
- Understand BI tools and technologies as well as the optimization of underlying databases
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities.