Reston, VA 20190 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Data Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Reston, VA.
Security Clearance Required: Top Secret
You’ll work closely with your client to understand their questions and needs, and then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll mentor teammates and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help leadership make informed decisions. You’ll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good in building this capability.
- 5+ years of experience in computer science, data science, or computational engineering
- 5+ years of experience with working in major scripting languages, including Python, Java, R, or C++
- 5+ years of experience with researching and developing operational concepts in artificial intelligence and machine learning, mathematical or statistical models, and data exploration, analysis, and synthesis
- 5+ years of experience with leveraging applied computer science and mathematics skills to develop advanced methods and techniques to store, transform, model, and present information
- 5+ years of experience with developing algorithms and computer processes that allow models, processes, and programs be applied in support of intelligence production
- Experience with evaluating algorithms and computer processes for risks, biases, and limitations that would distort analytic conclusions
- Experience with employing exploratory analysis and rapid iteration techniques of large volumes of data to quickly derive intelligence
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Statistics
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with Big Data architecture platforms, including spark and Hadoop
- Experience with extracting information from disparate data sources and merging them together for analysis
- Experience with local compute clusters leveraging Dask
- Experience with supporting the development of intelligence products from varied, multi-source, and large data sources
- Knowledge of containerized deployment, including Docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift
- Ability to learn new programming languages
- Master's degree
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities