colorado Springs, CO 80903
This principal information architect serves to actively advance our mission, strategic objectives and goals through the Enterprise Information Management (EIM) program. This role provides senior leadership that champions the set of business processes, disciplines, and practices used to manage our enterprise data assets. The role works to ensure that high quality information is available, protected, controlled, and effectively leveraged to meet the knowledge and data needs of all enterprise stakeholders. At this career level, the incumbent leads and conducts major, complex information architecture initiatives for multiple countries. Further, s/he mentors, coaches, and oversees the work of other specialists and related staff.
Derives a concise Data Strategy that includes a Vision, Roadmap, and Implementation Guidelines for the technology teams that will implement the strategy.
A concise Transition Plan for taking the next steps to achieving the Strategic Roadmap, including governance guidelines.
Architectural and development support of key initiatives that lead us from legacy to more strategic platforms.
Understands how to develop both a strategy and plans for moving Data Systems from the Artificially-Complex to an Elegantly-Simple expression of what is needed.
Acts as a strong influencer of others to ensure that teams can execute strategic plans in relative harmony.
Subject Matter Expert and Leader in Information Architecture and Software Engineering
A strong communicator to management, peers, and teams using both verbal and visual presentation media.
Able to create additional Data-minded Experts through Mentorship and Conceptual Evangelism
Work Experience Required
- 15+ years in a progressively responsible role in information/data architecture or similar
- Has demonstrable experience in simplifying, abstracting, and unifying multiple “ systems of record” into a concise “ source of truth”
- Technical knowledge of SalesForce.com product suite
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of SQL / NoSQL Databases, both enterprise and cloud
- Web Hosting Platforms such as AWS, Azure, and Heroku
- Experience with both container-based and serverless cloud-computing platforms is a strong-plus
- Referenceable background in modern programming languages such as Go, C#, Java, or Node
- Bachelor' s Degree Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Disaster & Emergency Management or related discipline