Data Analyst/Product Modeler
1040 6th Ave New York, CO 10018
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Data Analyst/Product Modeler to join our team and work at our client site in New York City.
Under general supervision, responsible for translating product information and specifications into a formal and standardized model.
- Translate and configure product data into a useable structure format.
- Review and analyze product data from client sources such as databases and/or spreadsheets.
- Create and execute test cases, reports and scripts to ensure validity and accuracy of work.
- Manage lifecycle of product data using standard software development methodologies.
- Review written documentation.
- Minimum 3 years required: Actuarial modeling or quantitative analysis experience within group insurance pricing.
- The following experience and/or knowledge are pluses: Java, Agile Methodologies, JIRA, Confluence, Maven, Mercurial, Subversion, Eclipse, QVT, continuous integration tools and/or concepts, application servers
- Demonstrates and facilitates professional communication skills by listening, writing, and speaking effectively.
- Establishes and maintains solid interpersonal relationships with clients and team members across all levels of an organization.
- Effective facilitation, collaboration, negotiation and conflict resolution abilities
- Ability to create and conduct presentations in a professional and confident manner to a variety of audiences.
- Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills. Pro-active ability to identify, assess, improve/refine and solve complex challenges, processes and/or situations.
- Flexible and able to thrive in a fast paced, high growth, team based environment while successfully handling competing and ever changing priorities and responsibilities.
- Creative self-starter with a passion for continuous learning and improvement.
- Advanced software proficiency utilizing various applications which includes, but is not limited to, the following: MS Excel and other MS Office products and database software.
- High School Diploma required
- College degree in Actuarial Science, Math, or related field required