Hayward, CA 94545
Blackstone Technology Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Data Analyst to join our team at our client s site in Hayward, CA.
Our client, is one of the oldest independently owned banks in the Bay Area and is one of the top rated mid-tier banks in the nation. Voted a Top Workplace for 2017 and for the past seven consecutive years, they have an immediate opening for a Digital Services Data Analyst in Hayward, CA.
The Digital Services Data Analyst will be the subject matter expert for all data relating to Digital Banking Services. They will be responsible for architecting, analyzing, interpreting and reporting on data from multiple sources with various tools. Duties of the Data Analyst frequently include importing, cleaning, transforming, validating, and modeling data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision making purposes. The Data Analyst is responsible for running queries, reporting data and/or providing access to a limited number of database users. The Data Analyst will be responsible for improving data quality and for designing or presenting conclusions gained from analyzing data using statistical tools like Microsoft Excel, Tableau and Cognos.
Role and Responsibilities
- Perform business and data analysis for digital services and products as well as branch data, supporting bank strategy and team initiatives, and collaborating with Business Analysts, Program/Product Managers, Operations, and IT.
- Maintain several Tableau Interactive Dashboards and Cognos reports to facilitate day to day activities.
- Recognize opportunities to develop new Dashboards from Spreadsheet data or directly from various source systems.
- Monitor multiple internal IT systems and ensure the data quality is consistent and clean.
- Audit the data flowing from internal transaction systems into the data warehouse and subsequently into the front end tools (Tableau and Cognos).
- Review and log all bugs via a service desk and work with the internal data warehouse teams to resolve the issues.
- Work with the data governance team to scrub or cleanse the data in source system and augment the data if the data does not exist in the source system.
- Bachelor's degree preferred; equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of a four year degree; MS/MBA a plus
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in report writing using business intelligence tools including but not limited to, Cognos and Tableau
- 2+ years' experience in Online, Mobile and Payments data
- Sequel server and data base experience
- Proven experience working with Excel and developing and maintaining various analyses and reporting tools
- Positive, team-oriented and enthusiastic attitude
- Knowledge of commonly used financial industry concepts, practices and guidelines
- Excellent oral communication and technical writing skills
- Strong research, analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to make objective observations, examination, evaluations, and recommendations
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998 and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities