Cyber Threat Analyst
Linthicum, MD 21090
Blackstone Technology Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Cyber Threat Analyst / CTI, with an Active Secret Clearance, to join our team at our client s site in Linthicum, MD, for a Direct Hire opportunity working on an exciting Program. This position will require a Secret Clearance.
Cyber Intelligence Analyst for the DoD-Defense Industrial Base Collaborative Information Sharing Environment (DCISE). The successful candidate will author cyber threat reports for Defense Industrial Base and government partners that are responsible for supporting computer network defense. Primary author of complex reports focused on Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) activity, intrusion set tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), and the targeting of CDCs and DIB Partners. Products are based on partner incident reporting, government reporting, and open source research.
- Knowledge of adversary activities in cyberspace with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP)
- Strong familiarity with Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) activity as well as indicators of compromise
- Ability to analyze, produce, and disseminate analytical cyber threat products that assist in identifying threats, priorities, severities, and IA risk mitigation measures.
- Technical skills proficiency in network communication using TCP/IP protocols, basic system administration
- Basic understanding of malware
- Knowledge of computer network defense operations (proxy, firewall, IDS/IPS, router/switch)
- Ability to perform data analysis, aggregation, event correlation and information security threat definition
- Ability to engage with cyber intelligence analyst counterparts across the US Intelligence and Law Enforcement communities
- Very high attention to detail
Bachelor's degree in a related specialized area or field or the equivalent is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Certifications (any): CISSP, CEH, GCIH, Network+, Security+, A+, CCNA
- Technical Skills proficiency: encryption technologies/standards, basic malware analysis or digital computer forensics experience
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) or Computer Network Defense organization
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
13 years of professional experience without a degree; or 5 years of professional experience with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree; or no experience required with a related PhD or JD. Consideration should always be given for the level of specific domain expertise.
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities