Cyber Security Engineer
7700 Arlington Boulevard Aurora, CO 80010
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer to join our team at our client site in Aurora, CO.
Job Description: We are looking for a talented Cyber Security Engineer to join our client’ s team. As the Cyber Security Engineer, you will be a senior team member of a dynamic and multidiscipline development team. Responsibilities will span the development and implementation of operational cyber mission systems. The senior team member will collaborate with other team members to define and analyze different architectural and implementation approaches to fully integrate cyber operations within the mission. This individual will function both as a Subject Matter Expert offering guidance to other team members / mentoring junior engineers and as an individual contributor. The ideal candidate will have a strong cyber background with in-depth experience and familiarity with full spectrum cyber operations from planning to mission execution and should be knowledgeable about attack strategies from a cyber-perspective and defensive counter operations. This candidate should have experience with varying network and computer platforms, preferably with some background in cyber operations with respect to embedded platforms.
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizens with current and active TS/SCI access
- Bachelor degree and at least 10+ years of related work experience
- Knowledge of all aspects of the cyber exploitation and attack process, to include aspects of vulnerability research techniques and operationalization
- Knowledge of common Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) used by Advanced Persistent Threats to exploit and attack systems
- Experience with evaluating and detecting attack vectors
- Application of common FOSS and COTS tools for system scanning, exploit detection, etc.
- Integration of cyber mission capabilities within an operational mission system as a means to incorporate cyber operations within a larger mission context
- Strong experience with computer languages such as C/C++, Perl, Ruby, Python, XML, Java, and Unix script
- Strong experience with current operating systems such as Windows, CentOS, Red Hat Linux
- Experience with embedded real-time Operating Systems such as Green Hills Integrity
- Experience performing risk assessments, vulnerability analysis, and security assessments
- Experience establishing and maintaining good working relationships with all levels of the organization, including Government customer, IPT leadership, and support organizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – position will involve the development of white papers and presentations as part of new business activities
- Must be willing and able to travel, as required
- Must have an current/existing TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with modeling and simulating attacks and analyzing impacts on mission effectiveness
- Familiarity with cyber mission planning, to include applications of JP 5.0 and JP 3.0 to cyber planning and operations
- Development of operational architectures to implement dynamic defense capabilities
- Familiarity with DODAF architecture concepts
- Analysis of IT systems to identify, assess, and design security features
- Creation of network diagrams
- Experience with two-factor authentication, network surveillance technology, intrusion detection, endpoint protection, data leakage protection, and encryption solutions and systems
Bachelor of Science, BS in Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Math. Equivalent experience accepted
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities