Cross Domain Solution (CDS) Engineer AER0000LH
Schriever Air Force Base Colorado Springs, CO 80912
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm is seeking a Cross Domain Solution (CDS) Engineer to join our team and work at our client site in Colorado Springs, CO.
Job Description: As a CDS Engineer, you will perform a multitude of CDS accreditation and software engineering tasks to support implementation of Cross Domain Solutions. The CDS Engineer will: Support CDS integration and Site Based Security Assessment (SBSA); develop and maintain test support tools, applications and data; coordinate Information Assurance (IA) and other accreditation documentation; help maintain software security; perform CDS risk analysis; ensure CDSs are functioning and operated consistent with the accreditation and policies; and become part of Jacobs Technology on the Integrated Research and Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract. The accredited CDS components are essential to war games, flight/ground tests, exercises and real-world operations. The architectures can be distributed, involving multiple geographically diverse sites and systems.
- Develop and maintain Java software tools, scripts and extensible Markup Language (XML) files to implement and/or verify proper CDS configurations.
- Perform CDS Risk Analysis as part of the CDS accreditation requirements/activities.
- Develop data/message protocol transformation mechanisms/applications, enabling interoperability between multi-level data-sharing domains
- Perform software engineering and development duties to maintain the CDS test tools and software applications in accordance with accreditation and configuration control requirements.
- Responsible for developing, tailoring and employing software tools to support rule set development, associated SBSA activities and CDS implementation requirements of a dynamic nature.
- Support the CDS-related Information Assurance (IA) tasks and accreditations.
- Represent the MDA Cross Domain Solutions Element (CDSE) in various technical forums and meetings, and actively engage in discussions concerning CDS, architectures, associated tool applications, capabilities and limitations, and CDS policies
- Support and mentor CDS customers with technical familiarization of the CDS configurations, functionality, capabilities and limitations.
- High School Diploma (or GED) with 16 years general experience and/or Associates degree with 14 years general experience and/or Bachelors degree with 12 years general experience; Must include 8 years related experience and 5 years in management or leadership roles
- Current Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Windows and NIX (Solaris, Linux) operating systems experience
- Must be able to obtain a DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification (e.g., Security+, etc.) within six months of hire
- Ability to comprehend and analyze system and data protocol specifications, translate requirements to support CDS integration tasks and perform data analysis and generation
- Aptitude and ability to evaluate the functional operations and performance of the Cross Domain Solution technologies
- Plan, initiate, prepare, coordinate and lead technical discussions with the CDS customers
- Ability to travel internationally for short periods of time (normally one to two week periods at a time), approximately four to six trips annually
- Experience with DoD software security and risk analysis tools
- Experience with U.S. military tactical and simulation message types, formats and protocols (e.g., Link-16, DIS, JREAP, etc.)
- TS/SCI clearance
- Hands-on experience implementing and supporting CDS Site Based Security Assessment
- A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts
- Solid understanding of the principles of OSI model, routing, and sockets
- Experience with UDP/TCP protocols and practical networking
- Experience with test and evaluation practices, tools and applications
- Experience with stateful firewall configurations
- Experience with shell scripting (bash, batch, powerShell etc.)
- Experience with networking communication and protocols
- Experience in configuration of network switch and router systems
- Experience analyzing and troubleshooting network communication issues
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to trace issue through hardware, operating systems software, application programs, or network failures.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities