Commercial Video Engineer III
Englewood, CO 80111
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking one Commercial Video Engineer to work at our client site in Greenwood Village, CO.
Essential Job Functions:
Our client is looking for a well-qualified Commercial Video Engineer-III to engineer cutting-edge video solutions to be used for Enterprise customers. The role will require end-to-end knowledge of video services from acquisition to play-out, including control and provisioning mechanisms. Conditional Access, Linear Services, Video On Demand, Emergency Alert Service, Data Carousels, QAM, Packaging, and CDNs will all be necessary centers of knowledge for this role.
The Commercial Video Engineer-III role, within the Engineering organization, will work closely with other engineers and managers from various departments, including product management, QA lab, and operations. This position will require collaboration with your team, and others, to design, validate, and document new end-to-end video solutions serving commercial customers in areas, such as Small Business, Small to Medium Business, Hospitality, and Enterprise.
Success in this position requires that you be self-motivated to learn, find answers, and solve problems. Your expertise should include some, or all, of the following: Video Encoding, Packaging & Transport, Conditional Access Systems, Video On Demand, Emergency Alert Systems, QAM Modulation, Distributed Access Architectures, DOCSIS, Digital Rights Management, Content Delivery Networks, and best practices with those technologies.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Willingness to adapt quickly to changing situations
• Experience working with cross-functional teams
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Ability to self-manage time and priorities in a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to create elaborate and detailed video system diagrams
• Ability to create detailed test plans and methods of procedure
• Understanding of change management best practices in production environments
• Systems administration experience with operating systems, including CentOS, RHEL, Windows Server
• Knowledge of virtualization platforms such as VMWare
• Knowledge of system monitoring and logging tools
• Knowledge of Cisco and Arris Headend environments and CAS systems
• Knowledge of modern cable service delivery networks utilizing HFC, RFoG, and FTTx technologies
• Knowledge of common cable CPE
• Cable Expert
• SCTE, NCTI Certifications
• Industry recognized OS, Networking, Security, or Virtualization Certifications
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor' s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year College or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities