CommVault Backup Administration and Operations Systems Engineer
1600 Hampton Street Columbia, SC 29208
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a CommVault Backup systems engineer with extensive knowledge and experience in configuring, implementing, troubleshooting, deploying, and supporting backup and recovery technical solutions for a large scale federal government enterprise’ s CommVault and Dell/EMC Isilon environment. This individual will have a diversified background of technical infrastructure experience, demonstrated server systems administration acumen, plus a superior, service-oriented approach. The scope of this work shall include administering, operating and Tier 1/2 troubleshooting of a CommVault v10/11 backup/recovery solution of a large scale enterprise federal government enterprise supporting nearly 20, 000 users.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- This position requires a minimum of two (2) years of operational experience in a production network setting using CommVault software and supporting technologies.
- Provided the administration, operations and support of a complex CommVault v10/11 backup/recovery system in large scale federal enterprise environments.
- Provided Tier 1/2 level support escalated by the helpdesk.
- Contributed optimization and disaster recovery continuous operations recommendations and implementation.
- Experience/exposure in disk and tape storage technologies.
- Configuring maintaining and monitoring CommVault enterprise backups at multiple locations
Preferred and/or Supplemental Qualifications/Experience:
- CommVault Certified Professional
- CommVault Certified Specialist – Disaster Recovery
- Dell/EMC storage systems, especially Data Domain and Isilon
- Dell/EMC Networker backup software experience is a plus
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of minorities/females/vets/disability