Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
7250 Campus Drive Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and talent agency, is seeking a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join our team at our client’ s site in Colorado Springs, CO
As the largest in the state, our client is a Colorado Springs based financial solutions group who views their employees as their greatest asset. With a heavy focus on progressing in the industry with the use of bleeding edges technologies, our client is poised as a trailblazer in the financial services industry.
An experienced and versatile Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, possessing strong design, migration, administration, and support experience in Microsoft Azure and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) development. This position continually works to transition current processes to a cloud-first strategy as a cloud services expert, both individually and part of a team by utilizing IaC principles for developing automated tests, code repositories, and build servers to control our IT systems. As an IaC subject matter expert, this engineer is well versed in Java Script Object Notation (JSON) coding for the purposes of enabling our IaC initiatives.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Tactical Cloud Support / Maintenance Activities:
- Provision, configure, administrate, automate, monitor, and support enterprise Cloud services and IaC initiatives.
- Through automation, enforce continuous compliance to operation and security standards.
- Perform operational engineering for activities which include platform upgrades, server patching, monitoring, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Provide periodic off-hours on-call support for production and development environments.
- Manage security logging, monitoring, and alert triage and participate in security incident response and investigation.
Strategic Cloud / IaC Automation Development & Guidance:
- Key player in enterprise datacenter modernization initiative by researching, designing, recommending, and implementing an Azure cloud infrastructure which supports global business applications and operations.
- Assist in the development of processes and practices as it relates to the migration of workloads to Azure.
- Design state-of-the-art technical solutions on Azure utilizing JSON that are scalable, reliable, secure, and meet performance requirements.
- Support architectural design and new IaC implementations utilizing industry best practices.
- Assist with the planning and migration of legacy applications to the Azure Cloud.
- May assist other team members with questions related to cloud services as a subject matter expert.
Other duties as required
Minimum formal education required for this position:
Knowledge consistent with a Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field.
Minimum work experience:
6+ years’ combined technical IT related experience to include at least:
- 3+ years’ experience in infrastructure / general data center operations.
- 2+ years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer / Build & Release Engineer or equivalent.
Technical or specialized knowledge/skills:
- Expert knowledge in virtual environments, preferably Azure.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Azure product and services suite of products and their applicable use cases, best practices, implementation, and support considerations.
- Strong and practical understanding of Azure platform and network security.
- Strong and practical understanding of Azure identity and access management.
- Working knowledge of Azure backup and disaster recovery processes using tools such as Azure backup and ASR.
- Extensive understanding of JSON coding, scripting tools, and IaC best practices. Able to write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Hands-on experience with Azure and IAM security policies.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Strong interpersonal skills used in developing strong working relationships and effective listening skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent decision-making, problem solving and conflict resolution capabilities.
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. GDPR, HIPAA, SOX, etc.).
- Experience with on-premise datacenter technologies (Hyper-V, S2D, ESX, etc.).
- Able to mentor others and be prepared to learn and grow with the company.
- (Preferred) Network skills.
- None required.
- (Preferred) Microsoft MCSA: Cloud Platform, Microsoft MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Microsoft MCSA: Linux on Azure, ISC2 Certified Cloud Security Professional, or other related industry certification.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities