Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
7250 Campus Drive Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join our client’ s team and work as a DIRECT HIRE to our client in Colorado Springs, CO
As the largest in the state, our client is a Colorado Springs based financial solutions group who views their employees as their greatest asset. With a heavy focus on progressing in the industry with the use of bleeding edges technologies, our client is poised as a trailblazer in the financial services industry.
An experienced and versatile Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, possessing strong design, migration, administration, and support experience in Microsoft Azure and other relevant cloud / infrastructure services. This position continually works to transition current processes to a cloud-first strategy as a cloud services expert, both individually and part of a team.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Tactical Cloud Support / Maintenance Activities:
- Provision, configure, administrate, automate, monitor, and support enterprise Cloud services.
- Through automation, enforce continuous compliance to operation and security standards.
- Perform operational engineering for activities which include platform upgrades, server patching, monitoring, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Provide periodic off-hours on-call support for production and development environments.
- Manage security logging, monitoring, and alert triage and participate in security incident response and investigation
Strategic Cloud / Automation Development & Guidance:
- Lead enterprise datacenter modernization initiative by researching, designing, recommending, and implementing an Azure cloud infrastructure which supports global business applications and operations.
- Assist in the development of processes and practices as it relates to the migration of workloads to Azure.
- Design state-of-the-art technical solutions on Azure that are scalable, reliable, secure, and meet performance requirements.
- Support architectural design and new cloud service implementations utilizing industry best practices.
- Assist with the planning and migration of legacy applications to the Azure Cloud.
- May assist other team members with questions related to cloud services as a subject matter expert.
- Bachelor’ s degree in IT Security, Computer Science, Information/Network Security or similar. Will accept years of experience in lieu of degree.
(Preferred) Microsoft MCSA: Cloud Platform, Microsoft MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Microsoft MCSA: Linux on Azure, ISC2 Certified Cloud Security Professional, TOGAF 9 Certification or other related industry certification.
Minimum work experience:
6+ years’ combined technical IT related experience to include at least:
- 3+ years’ experience in infrastructure / general data center operations.
- 2+ years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer / Build & Release Engineer or equivalent.
Technical or specialized knowledge/skills:
- Expert knowledge in virtual environments, preferably Azure and VMware.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Azure product and services suite of products and their applicable use cases, best practices, implementation, and support considerations.
- Strong and practical understanding of Azure platform and network security.
- Strong and practical understanding of Azure identity and access management.
- Working knowledge of Azure backup and disaster recovery processes using tools such as Azure backup and ASR.
- Extensive understanding of scripting tools and Cloud automation.
- Able to write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Hands-on experience with AWS cloud infrastructure and IAM security policies.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Knowledge of Office 365 administration and configuration.
- Strong interpersonal skills used in developing strong working relationships and effective listening skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent decision-making, problem solving and conflict resolution capabilities.
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. GDPR, HIPAA, SOX, etc.).
- Experience with on-premise datacenter technologies (Hyper-V, S2D, ESX, etc.).
- Able to mentor others and be prepared to learn and grow with the company.
- (Preferred) Network skills.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities