Cloud Engineer III
575 Maryville Centre Drive Town and Country, MO 63017
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Cloud Engineer III to join our team and work at our client site in Town and Country, MO.
Our client is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company. They operate more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia and provide broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250, 000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300, 000-route-mile international transport network. Our client is headquartered in Monroe, Louisiana.
The Cloud Engineer will contribute to the billing integration product that runs as a piece of our Public Cloud offering. The engineer will be engaged in all aspects of the development lifecycle from design to coding, testing and deployment, to production support. Engineers take ownership of new software features and help drive to solutions with assistance and input from peers and technical leadership.
The right candidate is a passionate technologist who loves all things computing. He or she will have a relentless drive to understand how things work and is always eager for a challenge. The right candidate is comfortable working a casual environment and culture, but with high standards of professionalism in software.
Position Objectives and Essential Duties:
- Help translate product vision and requirements into software design.
- Understanding of how to interpret customer business needs.
- Big picture understanding of system design when implementing stories
- Understanding of AWS public cloud products & services
- Pair programming when appropriate.
- Functional programming design patterns.
- Micro service orientated design patterns.
- Production Deployments utilizing containers and AWS Lambda.
- Participate in on call rotation.
- Testing & peer code review.
- Challenge your peers and leadership over software correctness and best practices.
- Consistent delivery in a fast paced, Agile, DevOps oriented culture.
- Clear verbal & written communication.
- Build & develop against your own full stack environment locally
- 3 years of professional experience developing software
- 1 year experience with at least *two* of the following languages: Node.js, Go, Java, Python
- Unit & Acceptance testing
- Experience with Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience building and maintaining REST APIs.
- Experience with Modern SQL and NoSQL databases (MySQL, MongoDB, CouchBase, etc)
Experienced developers who can help design and implement our vision for the future of Object Storage across our infrastructure. This team is responsible for developing our next-generation, open source-based Object Storage solution, integrating it with cloud infrastructure, and turning it into an easily deployed and supported product. Additionally, this team will develop products that are offered to our customers to help them take advantage of the Object Storage offered.The job requires expertise in storage systems architecture, performance analysis, monitoring, and scaling. 6-8 years experience
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities