Cloud Engineer AER0000LG
Schriever Air Force Base Colorado Springs, CO 80912
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm is seeking a Cloud Engineer to join our team and work at our client site in Colorado Springs, CO.
Job Description: The Cloud Engineer must have a passion for cutting-edge technologies including the latest developments in automation/orchestration. This individual will assist our enterprise in the adoption and maturation of VMware cloud technologies. Duties include analyzing requirements, designing and developing software supporting API implementations and/or interfaces between cloud components and business automation applications. Designing, deploying, and maintaining cloud infrastructure environment for supporting development, staging, and production applications. Writing scripts to automate the provisioning and maintenance of systems in a distributed, cloud infrastructure. Defining and maintaining standards for automation and orchestration capabilities to deliver a flexible, scalable, secure and cost effective set of cloud services.
- High School Diploma (or GED) with 12 years general experience and/or Associates Degree with 10 years general experience and/or Bachelor’ s degree with 8 years general experience; must include 6 years related experience
- Candidate must possess a CompTIA Security+ certification or DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II approved cert
- Must be a US citizen and have an active DoD Secret Clearance
- Must have design and implementation experience in VMware virtualization platform, vSphere 6.x
- Windows 2016 Server and/or Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) with Ansible Tower and Red Hat Satellite experience
- VMware vRealize Automation (vRA) experience
- Scripting experience in REST, Java Script, Bash, T-SQL or PowerShell
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP), VMware Cloud Management and Automation or Data Center Virtualization Certification
- Able to thoroughly document work and adhere to enterprise processes & procedures
- Able to communicate well with both the customer and internal engineering teams during requirements gathering, design and implementation phases of projects
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities