Cloud Developer | TS | Full Relo and Sign-on Bonus Available
Arlington, VA 22202
Blackstone Technology Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Cloud Developer to join our team at our client s site in Arlington, Virginia.
Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
- 10 years of experience developing comprehensive and innovative technical solutions
- 2 years experience with 1 of the 3 major cloud service providers (Amazon, Microsoft, or Google)
- Experience architecting and migrating on-premises applications into a cloud platform
- Able to recognize architectural design problems and make recommendations, and help implement changes required to meet customer requirements and system demand
- Has the experience to set standards and ensure best practices are used within the Customer's environment
- Used to working at enterprise scale, and in highly secure environments
- Experienced and comfortable in an AWS / Linux Environment
The team this position supports is leading a large government organization's move into the cloud. The goal is to provide the tools, technology, and blueprints to enable the organization to easily, quickly, and securely transition to the cloud and adopt best practices. This team is filled with VERY experienced individuals that are always looking at technology trends to improve effectiveness.
A Strong Candidate Will Have These Skills:
- Expert coding / troubleshooting shell scripts
- Significant Linux Knowledge able to build or troubleshoot systems
- Significant knowledge in AWS knows most best practices and services that can be leveraged
- Significant experience with Infrastructure as Code
- Works wells with others
- Has experience working in high scale environments
- Has worked securing Linux Systems
These Skills Are a Plus:
- Expert in some sort of Infrastructure as Code
- Has worked with similar technologies listed below
- Expert in CI/CD
- Capable of architecting, building, managing, and maintaining enterprise applications in an immutable environment where servers are short lived and increase and decrease in numbers on a regular and unpredictable basis with load
- Ability to take a COTS product and design server infrastructure based on best practices that will perform under heavy load
- Responsible for developing the cloud service delivery models and architectural framework to enable
- platform as a service (PaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
- software as a service (SaaS)
- data as a service (DaaS)
- Duties include analyzing and recommending which applications, services and applications can move, migrate, and/or deployed into a cloud environment
- Continuously evaluates available services and makes recommendations to the government on strategies for implementation.
- Responsibilities include:
- Strategies for failure/recovery
- Cost optimization
- Benefit analysis of cloud, cloud agnostic, and on-premises services
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Performs software requirements analysis, participates in research, designs, develops and tests software and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancing existing applications, systems or embedded products
- Codes, tests, integrates and documents software solutions
- Applies principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to the development of complex software and architectures
- Researches and analyzes data, such as customer design proposals, market trends, state of technology and industry, specifications and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Participates in internal review of software components and systems
- Receives little instruction on day-to-day work
- More often responsible to define the scope, schedule and expectations for the work they execute or lead
- Independently determines approach to solutions
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained
- Contributes and accountable to the completion of major programs and projects
- Responsible for resolution of significant and diverse problems and issues of broad scope and complexity
- May provide leadership and/or direction to lower level employees and teams
- Builds stable working relationships internally
A Relocation package may be available for this position.
Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities