Circuit Management Lead
30 South Nevada Avenue Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Circuit Management Office (CMO) Team Lead to join our team at our client’ s site in Colorado Springs, CO.
Circuit Management Office (CMO) Team Lead. In this position you will help define and stand up the CMO and lead a team of 2 other administrators. A successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of Circuit Management actions as well as inside and outside cable plant management.
Responsibilities for Circuit Management Team Lead:
- Create a Circuit Management Office Charter document that describes the purpose, applicability, authority, naming conventions, etc. of the CMO
- Identify and documents all circuits, physical and virtual pathways from source to destination that are currently leased or owned by the Company IT Department
- Create identifiers to document all circuits, physical virtual pathways, and links from source to destination utilizing an approved naming convention
- Create, store, maintain and access a network inventory, utilizing a Configuration Management Database (CDMB), of all circuit information, physical and virtual pathways from source to destination, which are currently leased or owned by company.
- Create, store, maintain and access architectural drawings of all company leased or owned circuits, physical and virtual pathways.
- Create, store, manage and access vendor contracts for all circuit agreements
- Support monthly billing of leased or subscription-based circuits
- Define and document the Company IT Department’ s ‘ Transport Service’ offering. Include minimum contract language required from vendors to provide a solid understanding of service capabilities
- Monitor circuit performance for bandwidth utilization and availability to make recommended optimizations which could include discontinuance or establishing of circuits
- Store and easily access permits, standards compliance, test results, engineering drawings, construction/utility and all circuit related documents.
- Capture, store and access ‘ locate’ geospatial circuit information when locates are completed on any circuits, physical and virtual pathways, that are leased or owned by the Company IT Department.
- Coordinate system maintenance, monitoring, and installation of multiple WAN/LAN environments
- Evaluate and report on new/emerging network/communication technologies to enhance capacity, performance and reliability of the network.
Professional Skills Required:
Ability to show initiative and act independently to resolve problems, manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects/tasks to completion.
Implement ITIL based process and procedure and promote standard operating procedures to ensure KPIs are achieved.
Track and manage tickets to ensure timely and agreed resolutions and solutions.
Develop processes and procedures to meet or exceed operational Service Level Agreements (SLA) with the business partners.
Superior oral and written communications skills for both executive and individual contributor levels.
Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
Understanding of Federal, State, Local government, Multi-vendor environments
Complete assigned tasks and duties with minimal direction and guidance.
Support the development of design solutions in terms of simplicity, cost, and supportability when engaged by the Solutions Architect.
Explain complex technical concepts in pictures and words that are understandable to a broad audience.
Proper customer collaboration and engagement techniques. Work as a teammate within and across functional teams.
Manage multiple tasks independently and prioritize to meet business needs.
Professional verbal and written communications.
Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing, with users and technical support.
Operate in an ITSM, specifically ITIL based, environment.
Respond to after-hours emergency situations as required.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities