Business Intelligence QA Analyst
Malvern, PA 19355
Blackstone Technology Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Business Intelligence QA Analyst to join our team at our client s site in Malvern, PA.
- Review requirements and design documents with developers and quality assurance manager to confirm expected functionality with technical and business needs.
- Implementation, evaluation, and documentation of the developed test cases and scenarios.
- Determine test environment and test data requirements, often in concert with integrated systems owners.
- Must be able to communicate with leads regarding project readiness, status and potential risks. Document, quantify, and elevate risks as appropriate. Provide statistical reporting and analysis as necessary.
- Assimilates information quickly, communicates complex requirements and issues clearly and concisely. Able to analyze root cause of a problem and demonstrate good sense when handing the problem over to development.
- Tracks and coordinates defect resolution and retesting, quantifying and mitigating risk accordingly.
- Enthusiastically collaborates with business partners to ensure Mission and Core Values are fulfilled.
- Knowledge of data mining, statistical analysis or healthcare data analytics.
- Experience working with development team from the initial development of business requirements, through all the Agile/Scrum steps and providing on-going maintenance and support.
- Experience with Informatica Power Center, Tableau, Cognos, Anaplan
- Knowledge of Software testing processes and automated tools, with an ability to apply software testing methods and techniques in a business intelligence environment.
- Provide staff mentoring and guidance to foster a strong team atmosphere with an eye to customer service.
- Excellent critical thinking, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Strong experience in writing SQL statements (DML/ DDL)
- Knowledge of relational databases - can navigate and extract data
- Prior working knowledge and validation of IBM Unified Data Model for Healthcare
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both orally and in writing, while also articulating and translating technical language to non-technical customers. Capable of influencing at all levels across the company within span of control.
- Exemplifies teamwork and serves as role model, while also successfully facilitating collaboration across multiple functions, departments and levels. Unquestionable ethics & integrity is pertinent.
- Track record of consistently driving projects to completion and taking accountability for work and results, as well as confronting tough issues and situations.
- Demonstrates and promotes creativity and innovation. Proactively seeks out alternative solutions to business problems.
- Consults with clients and teammates to identify all facets of an issue and generate a solution. Understands potential impacts to processes and systems across organization and factors these into solution
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities