1040 6th Ave NY, NY 10018
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking Business Analyst / Product Analyst for a full time, permanent opportunity in New York City.
Our client is based in NYC, has an office in Denver, CO and is an industry-leading insurance / health care software development & operational consulting firm with the most comprehensive platform for modeling, configuring, deploying, and distributing products.
As the primary client interface for all business functionality, the Business Analyst (BA) is responsible for analyzing stakeholder needs and business processes in order to identify, write and validate business and user interface requirements for large software projects. As the owner of all business requirements, the BA is also responsible for liaising between the client and internal teams including, but not limited to, Development and Quality Assurance (QA), to produce cohesive results.
Brief Summary of Responsibilities
- Support and/or manage requirements-gathering and analysis process with clients, ensuring a strengthened strategic partnership between our client and their prospective clients.
- Analyze and interpret client requirements to create clear and concise documentation for use by internal and external business and technical users.
- With minimal supervision, gather and document the requirements for business applications.
- Ensure that all requirements gathered and agreed upon are thoroughly documented and presented in a consistent and high-quality manner.
- Consider the impact of requirements implementation in order to identify conflicting requirements/implementation early.
- Maintain an understanding of the direction and strategic initiatives in the insurance industry and how they may impact both client requests and our clients solutions.
- Drive communication with clients, project managers, developers, data analysts, and QA team members to ensure the alignment and achievement of all client goals.
- Retain a solid understanding of the project scope and any tasks/items that may impact the delivery schedule.
- As needed, act as the project' s point of contact for client questions on strategy and requirements, documentation, functionality, and deliverables.
- Minimum 2 years required: Client facing business analyst in a decentralized environment.
- Minimum 2 years required: Large complex software implementation and integration projects using Agile methodology.
- Gap Analysis, Requirements/Functional Specification documentation, Cross Functional Testing and/or Production Support experience.
- Group or Individual Life and Disability Insurance industry experience is a plus.
- Healthcare industry experience is a must.
- Experience working with Underwriting
- Healthcare claims processing and/or products and benefits management is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates and facilitates professional communication skills by listening, writing, and speaking effectively.
- Establishes and maintains solid interpersonal relationships with clients.
- Effective facilitation, collaboration, negotiation and conflict resolution abilities.
- Ability to create and conduct presentations in a professional and confident manner to a variety of audiences.
- Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills. Pro-active ability to identify, assess, improve/refine and solve complex challenges, processes and/or situations.
- Flexible and able to thrive in a fast paced, high growth, team based environment while successfully handling competing and ever changing priorities and responsibilities.
- Understand, implement and operate the Agile process.
- Understand and apply the concepts of usability and best practices in User Interface design.
- Creative self-starter with a passion for continuous learning and improvement.
- This job generally operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers/keyboards/mice, printers, phones, mobile devices, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, etc.
- The noise level in the office work environment varies from moderate to loud.
- Possible local and/or national US travel up to 25%
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors. EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities