245 Market Street San Francisco, CA 94105
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Compliance Consultant, Senior to join our team and work at our client site in San Francisco, CA.
Our client is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric energy companies in the United States. Based in San Francisco, the company provides natural gas and electric service to approximately 16 million people throughout a 70, 000-square-mile service area in northern and central California.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Invoice Processing and Auditing Working knowledge of MS Word/Excel/SAP Excellent communication skills Strategic thinking and alignment Strong analytic skills Desired Qualifications BA/BS in business field or related experience
• Codes such items as invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
• Handles vendor correspondence via phone or email
• Attaches the corresponding purchase orders to incoming invoices with all supporting documentation.
• Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
• Prepares batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions.
• Assists with monthly status reports, and monthly closings.
• Reconciles various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards.
Process remittance information from checks, drafts and wire transfers for invoices provided by vendors, reviewing instructions accompanying items to determine proper disposition and crediting accounts in accordance with standard procedures.
• Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
• Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports.
• Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities