Big Data Senior Developer
1155 Kelly Johnson Blvd. Suite 304 Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Big Data Senior Developer
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Big Data Senior Developer to join our clients team on a DIRECT HIRE basis in Colorado Springs, CO.
Our Client is the Industry Leader in Software Innovation who’ s footprint reaches globally. Throughout their history, they have triumphed in helping people and businesses connect and collaborate while evolving and developing new and innovative solutions. As one of the fastest growing firms in Southern Colorado dedicated provider of collaboration software and services, our client continues to outshine all of its competitors. Our client is passionate about developing cutting-edge and innovative solutions for space operations. You will have the opportunity to participate in a real-world which is changing how the Space community is doing business. You will be able to walk away each day with the sense of “ I did make a difference!”
Blackstone Technology Group is seeking a Big Data Senior Developer to support one of our federal clients by building a local Spark instance to process and reduce data sets ranging from 500GB to 1TB. This work is a task order on an existing contract and is expected to run for at least 12 months. Work will be performed at our Colorado Springs office and may require minimal travel (less than 10%) to the East Coast client site.
Must have demonstrated experience in:
- Apache Spark version 2 (preferably version 2.3 or higher)
- Scala programming version 2.11 or PySpark compatible with version 2 of Spark
- IntelliJ platform-
- At a minimum, a BS in Computer Science or a related field for full time.
Other desired skills and experience include:
- AWS Big Data certification or HortonWorks HDPCD Spark Certification
- Postgres version 9.6 or higher with PostGIS support
- Geo-spatial data processing of big data sets
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Familiarity with industry best practices including Agile development and version control systems including Git
- Experience with Microsoft 365, Azure, SharePoint, and Dynamics
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of Systems Security Engineering fundamentals in NIST SP 800-160
- Familiarity with ITIL best practices
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities