Automation Engineer Lead
7700 Arlington Boulevard Falls Church, VA
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm is seeking an Automation Engineer to join our team and work at our client site in Aurora, CO.
Job Description: The Automation Design Lead will provide technical guidance and leadership to Chef Automation teams on our clients programs. These teams design and develop chef recipes and cookbooks that deploy and configure operating systems, COTS products, and bespoke software systematically building up our complex applications from bare metal servers. The team is developing a comprehensive, systemic automation deployment involving multiple physical environments; AWS as a development/test environment; security compliance; and database deploys. The individual will be need to be a strong influencer across the automation teams, being responsible for technical and program status & direction including scope definition, Earned Value Management (EVM) status reporting, and metric collection and communication. The individual may also perform functional sectional manager duties as required. Duties would include personnel performance reviews and hiring activities. US Citizenship is required due to the candidate needing a current US DOD Secret Security Clearance.
- Provide daily technical direction and leadership across teams to ensure all technical issues are addressed.
- Update design and technical direction based on Discrepancy Reports (DRs) and Change Requests (CR), through effective communication and coordination with the Automation team staff
- Collaboration across the overarching Infrastructure team to ensure overall program deadlines and milestones are met within scope.
- Status reporting to leadership.
- Experience designing and writing scripts for automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible to perform operating system builds; as well as software installation and configuration
- Experience leading small (5-15) person technical team and ability to influence engineers who are not direct reports
- Experience in leading the definition, development, and test of DevOps pipelines and methodologies
- Exceptional communication skills with extensive experience working with a wide range of leadership or customers
- Knowledge in scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Ruby, or PowerShell
- Knowledge of COTS software installations
- Strong attention to detail with results-oriented mindset
- 8 years of related work experience
- Current US Secret Security Clearance and US Citizenship required
- Experience performing Earned Value Management on a Government Contract
- First-hand experience as a Scrum Master using the JIRA Toolset to execute programs using agile methodology
- Experience and understanding of Jenkins
- Experience as a Linux System Administrator
- Experience as a Windows System Administrator
- Current US Government DoD Secret Security Clearance
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 8 years of related work experience or 16 years of related work experience in lieu of a STEM degree
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities