Associate Customer Technical Support Engineer
100 South Ellsworth Ave., Suite 100 San Mateo, CA 94401
Our Client started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, our client developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
Our Clients Support team is expanding! We are looking for senior engineers who like working with data and solving a wide variety of issues utilizing their technical experience having worked on a variety of operating systems, database technologies, big data, data integration, connectors, and networking.
As a Customer Technical Support Engineer, your role is to delight our customers with your passion and knowledge of their Data Warehouse. Customers will look to you for technical guidance and for advice in addressing their product usage and issue needs. You will be the voice of the customer into their product and engineering teams for product feedback and improvements. You will play an integral role in building knowledge within the team and be part of strategic initiatives for organizational and process improvements. Ideally, you have worked in a 24x7 environment, handled all tiers of support issues, been on-call during weekends, and familiar with Salesforce Service cloud. You will:
- Provide email, web, and phone support to customers and partners
- Utilize environment, connectors, 3rd party partner software, and tools to investigate issues
- Document known solutions to internal and external knowledgebase
- Submit well documented bugs and feature requests arising from customer submitted requests
- Partner with engineering teams in prioritizing and resolving customer requests.
- Participate in weekend on-call support rotation
- Work with engineering and dev ops with regards to service alerts and notifications
- Train and mentor new and jr. support staff
- Work on technical and non-technical projects
- 5-9 years experience in a Technical Support or similar function
- Experience writing, troubleshooting, and debugging complex SQL queries
- Good understanding of query profiles and execution plans to analyze performance and make recommendations
- Knowledge of SQL data types and functions
- Good understanding of Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure ecosystems
- Experience troubleshooting database connectivity issues using a variety of methods (client software, drivers/connectors)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills on a variety of operating systems (Windows, Mac, *Nix)
- Excellent understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet. You should have a solid knowledge of internet protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP/S, SFTP, DNS as well as the ability to use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Scripting/coding experience In any of the following: Python, Java, .Net, NodeJS, R
- Excellent writing and communication skills with attention to detail
- Experience working with big data and/or MPP (massively parallel processing) databases.
- Understanding of Data Warehousing fundamentals and concepts
- Database migration and ETL experience
- Experience supporting applications running on either Amazon AWS or MS Azure
- Experience with virtualization solutions (vmware, docker, virtualbox, etc)
- Understanding of cloud computing security concepts
- EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities