Applied Scientist, Enterprise Data
Arlington, VA 22201
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking an Applied Data Scientist for an amazing opportunity on a cutting edge project.
- Prototype models, iteratively designing robust models that meet the needs of the client’ s use case.
- Critically assess the type and quality of customer data and work with them to appreciate their toughest problems, define modelling assumptions and capture uncertainty.
- Work closely with our customers to develop a strategy to extract the maximum possible value from the available data
- Collaborate with engineers to build models in production environments.
- Be involved throughout customer interaction from project scoping to final delivery
- Work independently or with our research team to develop a modelling strategy to sit at the core of a data-led simulation-based approach to problem solving
- Take ownership of ensuring and demonstrating the reliability of the models that we create
- Strong background and experience in delivery of technical, data-rich projects ideally for external clients.
- Degree in a scientific or mathematical field, ideally with a computational element
- Pragmatic coding ability - with fluency in at least one relevant programming language and the openness to learn and adapt to a variety of languages. We use Python, Pandas, R and many related tools and libraries.
- Enthusiastic about continuously improving and rapidly developing new competencies.
- YOU MUST POSSESS AN ACTIVE TOP-SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE to be considered for this role
- Bayesian methods
- Effectively communicating and visualizing analysis of rich data sets
- Probabilistic programming.
- Working with real, complex data
- Effectively communicating with clients in person, in writing and with visualization
- Our office is currently located in Arlington, VA with travel to client sites across N. Virginia
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of minorities/females/vets/disability