Android Application Developer
6 N. Tejon St New York, NY 10013
Android Applications Developer
Type: Full Time
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Android Applications Developer to join our client’ s team and work as a DIRECT HIRE to our client in New York, NY
Our client is a Silicon Valley based Fintech Software Company who is a trailblazer in both the SAAS and FinTech industry.
You should probably read further if...
If you are a Android Applications Developer with FINTECH experience with in heavy Android Development, Superior problem-solving skills and debugging capabilities with a passion for bleeding edge financial technologies, please read on!
Why you want to work with us?
- You’ re looking for potential to grow at a rapidly developing tech company.
- Your idea of " benefits" includes things like, casual at work, playing cornhole, building robots, consuming new development stacks, and working alongside a brilliant team in addition to 100% paid healthcare, Annual Bonus, stock options, UNLIMITED VACAY!
- Oh yeah, did we mention that we provide the very best work place in the area. We take time to " practice what we preach" by setting aside the daily work to invest in relationship with each other. We' ll grab lunch out together, play a game of shuffleboard, and maybe even a friendly tournament to finish off a great week.
- You want to be part of an entrepreneurial team working in a fast-paced and high growth environment, with the benefits of fortune 500 parent company
- You want an office that is conveniently located in SOHO, in the heart of Manhattan. You' ll find our office providing beautiful 360 degree views of the city.
- You like working with lots of different people, tired of being the smartest person in the room and you enjoy managing projects that will have a huge impact on the future of our business
What you will be doing
Our Client strives to give merchants the ability to tailor POS devices to their personal needs, in addition to focusing on core payment functionality. Our client currently boasts over 220 applications from 3rd party developers. They have one team dedicated to supporting 3rd parties development on our platform and another team supporting App Market functionality and ease of use for merchants. Their Payments team builds and maintains the core infrastructure and applications which support over 5400 transactions a minute. They focus on EMV, NFC, and swipe transactions, while another team, Point of Sale and Reporting, touches more on data analysis, so merchants can gain valuable insights to their businesses.
Our Android Application Engineers are tasked with improving/expanding our platform and product. They work closely with the Product Team and Design Team. Our engineers are pragmatic in balancing priorities and enjoy working in an iterative model where application features are released every other week.
On a daily basis, you will spend 10% of your time reviewing designs of new features, 50% of your time developing features, 30% of your time investigating/reproducing/resolving bugs, and about 10% of your time creating tests and helpful documentation. We are interested in hiring flexible engineers who are not afraid to be involved in product discussions and balance their work on several projects.
- Own one, or more, of the companies applications; add new features, resolve bugs, and refactor/ improve code base
- Identify technical requirements in product meetings and assist the business team with realistic project planning and feature development; translate product requirements into functional, maintainable, extensible software that is in-line with company objectives
- Implement new applications as needed; take ownership of the new product from development through deployment and production monitoring
- Collaborate with Server Application Engineers to determine the best way to maintain low response times as new features are designed
- Work with QA to develop test plans/strategies
- Strong Java and Android skills
- Familiarity with one or more SQL/RDBMS systems
- Superior problem-solving skills and debugging capabilities
- Flexible and self driven with a collaborative approach to problem solving
Nice to have:
- Experience with a cloud platform: AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- Comfortability writing unit, integration, and instrumentation tests
- Exposure to RESTful APIs
- Experience with Android Bound Services and Android Open Source Project
- Previous development on iOS platform
- Experience with distributed computing
- Experience in web development
- Kotlin skills
- Experience with Android Jetpack and Android architectural best practices
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities