8346 Kettle Drum St Colorado Springs, CO 80922
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking an Android Developer to work for our client in the Colorado Springs area. This is a 100% remote opportunity. If you are interested in discovering an exciting career at one of the most established enterprises in the city where each and every individual plays an important role, and every single person is essential to the cultivation and the overall success of the Organization then this is the place for you.
We are looking for an Android App Developer to help Air Force Academy cadets and complete an Android App. The project is slated to run for an 8-12 weeks and the location is still TBD. May be at the Air Force Academy.
The projects consists of three primary pieces of the Position, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) project:
· Developing an Android app
· Using Wireshark to parse data packets from cell towers for triangulation purposes
· Working with MATLAB for calculations to ensure algorithms are working
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
· Designing and developing advanced applications for the Android platform
· Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
· Bug fixing and improving application performance
· Work with outside data sources and APIs
· Strong Java development skills
· Proven working experience in Android app development
· Experience with usability testing
· Knowledge to integrate all components of the project
· Experience with Android SDK
· Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
· Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
· Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities