Analyst - End User (Help Desk Support)
1233 North 30th Street Billings, MT 59101
In this position, the End-User Analyst I is responsible for supporting end-users' IT needs. Provides accurate, timely, and creative solutions to end-user computer hardware, peripherals, printers, operating systems, software applications, networking, and video conferencing problems. Data Center Operations, including performing backups and assisting operations staff when on-site support is needed. Assist other STSC teams, such as Service Delivery, MS Admin, and Networking, when on-site problem solving and evaluation is needed. Primary responsibility will be to provide direct customer support to resolve customer problems/questions as quickly as possible while providing highest level of service. If it is not possible to resolve the problem the End-User Analyst will coordinate problem solving with appropriate STSC teams. Strong communication skills required to relay task status, task issues, and resolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
User Support for Multiple Computer Systems
• Monitors and handles troubleshooting of systems, dispatching to appropriate STSC resource if unable to correct issue.
• Keeps user base informed of systems changes (software/hardware upgrades, planned down times, system unavailability).
• Adequately documents resolution to issues in STSC ticketing software.
• Assists with writing problem-solving techniques to be put into STSC ticketing software database.
• Supports new systems or new facets of existing systems, and keeps abreast of technology changes.
• Troubleshoots PC and Printer based issues and at times utilizing remote software where appropriate.
• Works directly with STSC virtual teams while troubleshooting enterprise applications both locally and across region and/ or system.
• Participates as the primary agent in the setup and implementation of desktop systems including hardware and software installation, network connectivity, VOIP and analog phone sets/systems installation, and backup systems.
• Responds to voice mail, email and ticketing application messages according to priority schedule.
• Disseminates information to STSC and end user base when appropriate.
• Provides detail shift reports to STSC Team.
Information Systems Department Team Support
• Assists in all areas of STSC when needed.
• Maintains and updates policies and procedures for areas of responsibility.
• Updates support staff regularly on the status of projects, trouble tickets and system changes.
• Responsible for software trouble tickets, hardware trouble tickets and procedures.
• Work rotating shifts.
• Project work as assigned.
• Position has “ On Call” responsibility
Backup Operational Requirements
• Perform routine data and system backups for primary information systems
• Checks all system backup logs for errors and to verify error free backups.
• Works with analysts and support personnel to assure that all backups are being accomplished correctly and at the appropriate time.
Education and Experience:
Representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the position.
- High School Diploma OR equivalent General Education Diploma.
- Demonstrated proficiency in microcomputer software including: Windows and Microsoft Office Products.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer hardware maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Ability to work rotating shifts and prolonged shifts up to 12 hours.
- Strong research, organizational and analytical skills as well as the ability to teach users
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex, multi-disciplinary problems in a graceful and sensitive manner.
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities