7770 Milton E Proby Pkwy Colorado Springs, CO 80916
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking an experienced accounting professional to work at our client site in the Colorado Springs area. If you are interested in discovering an exciting career at one of the most established enterprises in the city where each and every individual plays an important role, and every single person is essential to the cultivation and the overall success of the Organization then this is the place for you.
The purpose of this position is to perform a wide variety of professional analytical duties in support of the client including studies and research projects as requested; and to participate in financial processes. To provide professional level accounting support in the maintenance and reconciliation of general and subsidiary ledgers; to prepare financial reports including the client’ s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report; and to perform a variety of accounting functions relative to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Perform professional accounting activities in compliance with applicable standards and specifications including general ledger reconciliation, financial reporting, and record keeping; review and analyze various records and reports; and respond to inquiries or complaints.
- Provide assistance in resolving accounting and budget problems; identify problems; conduct research to find solutions; make recommendations; and take appropriate actions.
- Coordinate assigned services and project activities with other groups, units, boards, committees, task forces, external organizations, and the general public; and respond to and resolve inquiries and complaints.
- Participate in the annual financial audit and provide information and supporting documentation to the auditors; analyze and reconcile all funds; and analyze expenditures for capitalizing fixed assets.
- Prepare the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the client and its’ reporting entities.
- Maintain, reconcile, and audit a variety of accounts, general ledgers and reports; examine and correct accounting transactions to ensure accuracy; tabulate financial and statistical data; and prepare monthly fiscal reports and special reports relating to the progress of assigned funds.
- Prepare statistical, financial, and budget reports for internal and external customers; and enter updated information into the financial system and maintain accurate financial records.
- Monitor and reconcile various accounts verifying availability of funds and classification of expenditures; and research and analyze transactions to resolve problems.
- Establish and maintain written procedures to ensure adequate internal controls over the centralized accounting functions.
- Stay abreast of new trends and innovations in governmental accounting and related accounting software.
Relevant Background and Formal Education:
- Education: Bachelor’ s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- Experience: Three years of full-time accounting, analytical and/or budgetary experience including experience specific to area of assignment.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities