6740 Highway 30 Anderson, TX 77830
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Sales Tax Accountant to join our team and work at our client site in Houston, TX.
Our client is a leading manufacturer of the world’ s most advanced drilling solutions. At our client, we are harnessing the strength of knowledge and innovation that is revolutionizing the future of energy. We build on what works, using our deep expertise to help minimize risk, increase up-time and improve performance in drilling operations around the globe. They are headquartered in Houston, TX
FTE – Direct Hire
Anderson, Texas 77830
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all period-end close processes, SOX compliance, financial reporting & analysis and financial planning through responsibilities outlined responsibilities below:
- Responsible for managing period-end closes (month/quarter/year) for the ledger under strict deadlines.
- Financial reporting and analysis of US GAAP financial statements, including financial reviews of balance sheet and
operating results (i.e. actuals vs budget vs. forecasts vs. trends variance analysis).
- Responsible for monitoring, developing, and designing a strong internal control environment for SOX compliance
requirements. Maintains a current understanding of the NOV Accounting Controls Manual (SOX) and ensures that the
businesses are in compliance with these rules.
- Manages balance sheet account reconciliations and preparation of financial reporting packages to Corporate. Ensures
reconciling items are identified and remediated timely.
- Manages all internal and external financial and non-financial audits.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of staff---including training, employee development, performance evaluation, hiring decisions, and the establishment of goals and performance objectives. Currently manages a staff of 2.
- Manages financial consolidation and financial reporting.
- Maintaining accurate inventory information in the ERP system and sub-ledgers, including standard costs, product codes, etc.
- Conduct analysis to determine correct burden rate and performs annual cost rolls as applicable.
- Conducts various analysis of inventory, OES (Overstock, Excess, and Surplus) reserves; capitalized inventory variances, absorption and overhead analysis, etc.
- Responsible for analysis and reviews of the cycle count process (audits, reporting, compliance, etc.)
- Evaluates business processes to streamline and drive improvements, with the goal of establishing best practices and
standardizing policies and procedures across the business group
- Oversees and manages the development of financial business processes and process improvements, including
development of policies and procedures, desktop procedures, and development of metrics and KPIs.
- Provides leadership on financial initiatives, policies, and practices based on the organization? s strategy.
- Partners with key business leaders to develop and implement monthly financial forecasts and annual budget/plans.
- Responsible for monitoring capital expenditures, and analysis cap-ex requests.
- Leads accounts receivable initiatives through reporting and analysis, providing support for collection activities and
coordinating with the credit department in the assessment of collection risk.
- Supports corporate tax group in adherence to statutory reporting requirements and tax compliance, including sales tax
and transfer pricing.
- Supports other corporate functions (Treasury, Legal, Real Estate, etc.) with business information and ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures
- Other Duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years experience in similar role and minimum of 5 years overall Finance/Accounting experience.
- Experience managing personnel.
- Experience working in a public company required
- Manufacturing Environment & Oil & Gas Industry experience strongly desired
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of how to leverage a wide variety of data related
computer tools to summarize executive level information.
- Highly proficient and technical with HFM (" Hyperion Financial Management") and/or Essbase/Planning including
development and reporting through SmartView.
- Highly proficient to advanced Excel skills.
- Experience using ERP systems. Syteline experience a plus.
- Experience in cost accounting or in working in a manufacturing environment.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Ability to meet deadlines. Must possess strong planning and organization skills
- Ability to work overtime with little to no advanced notice.
- Hands on and detail-oriented.
- Excellent communication
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task under strict, deadline-oriented and fast-paced working environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills working collaboratively with finance, operations and NOV Corporate teams.
- Deadline driven and detail-oriented when needed
- Strong focus on continuous improvement
- Strong technical accounting knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SOX Management.
- Dependable, efficient, and team oriented
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities