77 Beale St San Francisco, CA 94105
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking an Accounting Analyst to join our team and work at our client site in San Francisco, CA.
Our client is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric energy companies in the United States. Based in San Francisco, the company provides natural gas and electric service to approximately 16 million people throughout a 70, 000-square-mile service area in northern and central California.
- Perform account reconciliations for Payroll Expense, Liability and Cash accounts timely and accurately
- Ensure reconciliations are in compliance with Accounting policies and procedures
- Reconcile Payroll Tax Filings and Liability Accounts, monitor payroll tax payments for accuracy and timeliness.
- Interact with various departments within the company to resolve variances perform investigation and analysis on variances on all assigned Accounts and produce a detailed Action Item List for all stakeholders
- Support team members on various tasks and handle special projects as assigned
Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an Accounting and Tax function
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- Demonstrated knowledge of Payroll Systems and Processes Demonstrated knowledge of Federal and State Payroll Tax filing processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of Benefits and Labor accounting Demonstrated knowledge of SAP systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications with an emphasis on Excel.
- Keywords: Public Utility, Payroll accounting, accountant, bookkeeper, finance, accounts payable, financial analyst, tax, accounts, payroll, filing, audit, IRS, CA EDD, Labor Accounting, benefits accounting, cash accounting.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone' s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities