AWS DevOps/Cloud Engineer
405 Howard Street Suite 300 San Francisco, CA 94105
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and talent agency, is partnering with a risk management company located in the San Francisco Bay Area to identify a DevOps/Cloud Engineer to join their team on a direct hire/fulltime basis.
We need candidates who have hands on experience on AWS services, writing automation scripts in Jenkins, infrastructure automation using cloud formation template, network monitoring/management in production environment will be plus.
San Francisco, CA
This DevOps/Cloud Engineer will help design and build a new cloud platform for SaaS based products. The role will be involved in all major activities related to architecture, deployment, scripting/automation, security, and operations of the cloud platform on AWS and Azure. The platform is based on micro-services (using Akka and Play Framework), Containers (using Docker/Kubernetes) and Big Data (using Hadoop/Spark).
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design, build and automate the AWS infrastructure (VPC, EC2, Networking, EMR, RDS, S3, etc.) using Terraform following AWS Well-Architected Design
- Deploy and configure Kubernetes clusters. Including networking configuration, centralized monitoring, logging and auto-scaling.
- Design and build a CI/CD Pipeline to deploy applications using Jenkins and Docker.
- Design and configure security policies based on IT/InfoSec guidelines. Including IAM, SSO, Security Groups, Data Encryption, etc.
- Leveraging previous experience, assist development teams in building, deploying, and operating next generation applications in the cloud.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science (or equivalent).
- 5+ years of DevOps engineering experience.
- Experience in cloud engineering experience (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure) in deploying and managing production environments.
- Strong knowledge of cloud and network security best practices.
- Strong scripting and automation skills and experience (Python, PowerShell, Terraform, and Cloud Formation, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and understand complex problems or processes, identify and understand requirements, and develop solutions.
- Experience with source control management (Git preferred).
- Experience with micro-services, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and consultative skills. Work effectively with clients, vendors, peers, and business/IT management.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global talent practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities