AWS DevOps/Cloud Engineer
405 Howard Street Suite 300 San Francisco, CA 94105
A leading risk management company which provides software, services and information to banks, insurance companies, non-financial corporations, and institutional investors in over 80 countries.
The Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) Division offers to Institutions a wide range of software, analytics and services to help risk management staff understand, measure, and manage risk within an enterprise risk context. The ERS Division is composed of experienced employees working with and drawing on the insight and expertise of our world-class analytics technology, data, software as well as market experience.
Our team is seeking a DevOps/Cloud Engineer who will help to design and build a new cloud platform for SaaS based products. The role will be involved in all major activities related to architecture, deployment, scripting/automation, security, and operations of the cloud platform on AWS and Azure. The platform is based on micro-services (using Akka and Play Framework), Containers (using Docker/Kubernetes) and Big Data (using Hadoop/Spark).
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design, build and automate the AWS infrastructure (VPC, EC2, Networking, EMR, RDS, S3, etc.) using Terraformfollowing AWS Well-Architected Design
- Deploy and configure Kubernetes clusters. Including networking configuration, centralized monitoring, logging and auto-scaling.
- Design and build a CI/CD Pipeline to deploy applications using Jenkins and Docker.
- Design and configure security policies based on IT/InfoSec guidelines. Including IAM, SSO, Security Groups, Data Encryption, etc.
- Leveraging previous experience, assist development teams in building, deploying, and operating next generation applications in the cloud.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science (or equivalent).
- 5+ years of DevOps engineering experience.
- Experience in cloud engineering experience (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure) in deploying and managing production environments.
- Strong knowledge of cloud and network security best practices.
- Strong scripting and automation skills and experience (Python, PowerShell, Terraform, and Cloud Formation, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and understand complex problems or processes, identify and understand requirements, and develop solutions.
- Experience with source control management (Git preferred).
- Experience with micro-services, Docker, and Kubernetes.
Excellent communication, interpersonal, and consultative skills. Work effectively with clients, vendors, peers, and business/IT management.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) including Agile Development Methodology.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to stay current on trends and development within functional area of experience along with the industry.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to learn, a can do attitude, and motivated to succeed and grow.
- Knowledge of at least one programming languages (e.g. Java, C/C++/C#).
Must demonstrate accountability, sound decision making, analytical thoroughness, clear and concise communications, and the ability to lead and mentor team members.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities