AV Technician I
1765 Greensboro Station Pl Tysons, VA 22102 US
The AV Technician position includes mechanical assembly, wiring, installation, and testing of AV systems in one of our client’s Pre-Installation, Test and Check Out Facilities (PITCO) and in their customer facilities. The position also requires installing fiber optic cable (fiber certifications desirable), network cabling, cable dressing, reading/marking up wiring documentation and operational training of customer personnel. Technicians are called upon to troubleshoot and repair systems during installation and during ongoing support of facilities over the lifetime of the systems. Technicians are trained to become master operators of AV systems and key support personnel for high visibility commercial and government facilities based on the knowledge they gain.
Specific position requirements are as follows:
• Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and may meet eligibility requirements, including U.S. Citizenship, for access to classified information; eligibility for clearance is required. Having an active Top Secret is preferred.
• Requires minimum four (4) years of experience in installation and/or maintenance of audio/visual systems.
• Requires a HS diploma or GED
• 25-50% travel may be required
Proven skills should include:
• Mechanical installation, wire pulling, soldering, terminal crimping, labeling, installing fiber optic cable (fiber certifications desirable), cable dressing, rack assembly, reading and marking up wiring documentation, timesheet completion by job, ability to maintain appropriate clearance, good communications skills, good workplace demeanor (working in front of customers), organizational skills (tools, work site, time, work assignments, documentation).
• Basics of television, computer video, windows computer environment, RS-232, infrastructure wiring standards, audio wiring standards, fiber optics, grounding and shielding, acoustics and sound, projection optics, lighting principles, ohm's law, high voltage electrical wiring safety, construction site safety, etc.
Desired experience, skills and certifications:
• Vendor certifications
• Understanding of Electronic circuit testing procedures and testing devices.
• Experience using Volt/ AMP meter and related
• CTS from InfoComm, CFOS Certification from FOA Approved School Desirable
• Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
• Relocates a 12-foot stepladder without assistance.
• Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders.
• Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
• Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
• May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools.
• Tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
• Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
• Combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
• See details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
• Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities