AV Tech Specialist III
1765 Greensboro Station Pl Tysons, VA 22102 US
Design, installation, configuration, integration programming and testing of complex videoconferencing and integrated audio/visual technologies (videoconferencing, control systems, displays, video walls and matrix systems, audio reinforcement systems, cameras, microphones, document cameras, streaming technologies, etc.) and A/V based collaboration technologies.
Design, integration and configuration of audio/video systems with Crestron, AMX and Extron control systems
· Conduct customer site surveys and provide sales engineering support, including collecting and recording detailed operational, functional and technical requirements, developing project scopes, and providing overall systemcosting for A/V projects
· Design, integrate, test and troubleshoot various network and telecommunications systems including IP networks and ISDN networks
· Understanding plans and specifications to identify the types and grades of materials and equipment needed to ensure compliance with project requirements
· Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in the production of electrical plans, blueprint and drawings
· Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work
· Develop complex AV control system programming and configuration of AMX, Crestron, and Extron control systems
· Develop and conduct on-site user and administrative training for the installed integrated audio/visual systems
· Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and may meet eligibility requirements, including U.S. Citizenship, for access to classified information
· Active DoD security clearance preferred, will consider if eligible to obtain a security clearance
· Experience in the installation, programming, troubleshooting AND engineering of videoconferencing and integrated A/V technologies.
· 10-12 years of experience with a high school diploma/GED, 8-10 years of experience with an Associate's degree or 5-7 years of experience with a Bachelor's degree
· 7+ Years of progressive experience in developing and implementing hardware and software solutions for data center and virtual infrastructure technologies.
· Demonstrated experience with developing cost estimates and work breakdown structures for the design and implementation of complex projects.
· Experience with IT and/or telecommunications projects
· Demonstrated experience designing and programming Jupiter, Extron, Tandberg, Polycom, Crestron, Lutron, and corresponding hardware and software infrastructure
· Familiarity with IT, telecommunications, A/V and electrical equipment including related materials and specifications
· Strong knowledge of videoconferencing standards
· Experience reading and interpreting blueprints
· Experience performing complex design/build and conceptual design practices
· Visio skills a must, AutoCAD is a plus
· Strong Oral, Written and Presentation Skills with the ability and experience communicating directly with executive leadership.
· Ability to travel if needed.
Applicants for this position may be required to prove that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine or demonstrate that they have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities