(Backfill) Field Server Operations Administrator
1551 Wewatta Street Denver, CO 80202
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a (Backfill) Field Server Operations Administrator to join our team and work at our client site in Denver, CO.
Our client is a leading provider of kidney care in the United States, delivering dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. The company owns and operates kidney dialysis centers and home peritoneal dialysis programs domestically in 43 states. They are headquartered in Denver, Colorado.
This position provides technical customer support for end user applications and computer systems. This position monitors, supports and troubleshoots clinical systems and their supporting technologies in remote sites.
- As part of a Team of administrators, remotely support the clinical end user technology and applications in DaVita clinics
- Ensure proactive and reactive software and hardware maintenance is performed
- Ensure process, procedure and policy development, maintenance and compliance to ensure efficient operations
- As a member of a rotation, provide 24/7 on-call first contact resolution for the teams we support.
- Collaborate with other IT organizational teams in support of enterprise wide goals
- Ability to follow processes to lead, manage and monitor all aspects of upgrading, repairing and replacing a server in our Clinic environment
- Perform basic remote Windows server administration activities through tools such as LanDesk
- Diagnose and resolve hardware, software and basic network connectivity problems including technologies such as DNS, WINS, DHCP, DFS, SMTP, LDAP, SNMP.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server technology including start/stop services, move databases and an ability to diagnose and resolve database related issues.
- Work with vendors and partners to remediate issues and restore service when required
- Ability to color in the lines.
- Associate’ s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- 2-3 years of system administration and troubleshooting experience.
- Minimum 2 years in a customer service function, supporting non-technical customers in a technical environment
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels of the company
- Approachable and open
- Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy in responding to phone calls and emails
- Ability to assist customers remotely over the phone using remote control software or in person
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, facilitate effective team interactions, and to foster a positive work environment; willingness to assist teammates in order to achieve departmental goals
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to seek underlying assumptions through probing, questioning, and listening
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and adjust priorities appropriately in an evolving work environment with shifting time frames; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools, Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Proficient with Windows Server 2003 & 2008
- Proficient with HP Server technologies including HP SIM, HP ILO, and HP/UX.
- Proficient with remote administration and provisioning through LanDESK
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 & 2008
- Network Configurations (DNS / WINS / DHCP / DFS / SMTP / LDAP)
- Working knowledge with Unix/Linux/AIX technologies
- Security (Encryption / Certificates / IPSec / TLS / Policies
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities