Network Engineer- RMF/Cyber
Colorado Springs, CO 80901 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Network Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Colorado Springs, CO.
- IAT - Level II- Candidate must meet minimum requirements of DOD 8570 IAT II certification with any of the following certifications (Security +, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP).
- Certifications from Juniper (JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP, JNCIE)
Bachelor’s degree with 8 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree. Considered career, or journey, level. Considered experienced, but still a learner.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Candidate will be a primary Network Engineer supporting the program. The candidate will be responsible for providing technical support and expertise for the assessment of compliance of information systems with DoD RMF standards (review, verify and validate required DoD IA RMF documentations and artifacts using DoDI 8510.01/DoD Risk Management Framework). Candidate must have proven experience in developing Cyber-secure Network device configurations (Firewalls, switches, routers). Some travel may be required depending on the work to be performed. This position will also support Network deployments as necessary.
- The candidate must be a proven network engineer with hands-on senior-level experience and knowledge of network design, development and testing methodologies. Specific technical skills required include:
- An expert understanding of the OSI Model, TCP/IP, routing protocols BGP and OSPF. Proven network traffic analysis, diagnostic and troubleshooting experience.
- Firewall experience with Juniper firewalls a must and McAfee Sidewinder or Fortinet Fortigate a plus.
- Experience in UDP multicast, SONET, MSPP, VLANs, GRE Tunnels, and TCP/IP network designs. - Hands on experience with multi-vendor switching routing (Juniper), WAN optimizer, TACLANEs, and optical transport equipment.
- A solid understanding of JUNOS preferred.
- Understanding of standard DOD security practices such as, STIG compliance and system accreditation implementation efforts.
- Familiar with RMF including hands on work with RMF topics, the assessment of compliance of information systems with DoD RMF standards (review, verify and validate required DoD IA RMF documentations and artifacts using DoDI 8510.01/DoD Risk Management Framework).
- Knowledge, skill sets or experience using protocol analyzers/sniffers (such as Wireshark).
- Industry vendor certifications from Juniper (JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP, JNCIE) a must and from Cisco (CCNA, CCNP) a plus.
- Must be an effective communicator with excellent writing and presentation skills using Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio drawing tools.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment with other highly motivated network engineers.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment with other highly motivated network engineers as well as independently on large field projects.
- Must have experience using the Agile Framework or experience applying Agile fundamentals in engineer-focused work.
- Candidates with prior C2BMC network experience are highly desired.
- While not required, candidates with experience in the following areas are desired: Authentication & encryption methods/capabilities (TACACS+, Active Directory, GEM-X), Virtualization technologies such a VMWare vCenter and vSphere.
- This position has no remote capability.
Security Clearance Required: Secret
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities