Aurora, CO 80011
Our client is seeking a qualified Electrical Engineer to provide support to a satellite ground station program. This role will provide operational support to existing in-service ground systems, development support to system upgrades in work, and technical design related to the systems under development. The qualified candidate will have experience performing electrical engineering communication design and analysis activities, e.g. link analyses, gain distributions, distortion parameter allocations, preferably on RF systems. They will also have experience developing system specifications and other architectural artifacts. An active US Government TS/SCI clearance is required as of day one for this position and US Citizenship.
- Active US Government TS/SCI security clearance (US Citizenship required)
- Electrical Engineering system design experience
- Knowledge of COTS hardware typically used in ground system designs
- Experience using electrical test equipment (i.e., spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, power meters)
- Experience developing various kinds of systems engineering design artifacts
- Ability to travel on occasion, domestically or internationally, for up to 4 weeks at a time
- 4 years of related work experience
- Experience verifying hardware subsystem requirements via test
- Experience troubleshooting satellite ground stations at the component, subsystem and system level
- Knowledge of RF communication designs
- Knowledge of satellite ground station architectures and designs
- Experience using and/or configuring baseband hardware (i.e. modulators, demodulators, frame synchronizers)
- Familiarity using Linux-based systems, e.g. basic CLI commands, editing files
- Experience performing trade studies, making design recommendations, and identifying potential vendors for the proposed solution
- Experience developing a Bill of Materials (BOMs) for a system, including coordinating procurement with supply chain and logistics organizations
- Familiarity with requirements management processes
Requires a Bachelor s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 4 years of related work experience.
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities